Saturday, March 27, 2010

Tennis & Fashion



Seen Venus’ latest outfit? She is wearing it in Key Biscayne. Self-designed of course. Thought it was interesting to read that although she won a good match, the first 8 question in the post match press conference were about her dress. Venus said, “"The motif is really about sporty sexy, and kind of that whole attitude of bringing that to my game," she said. I usually don't wear red. This is kind of new for me.” Her and everyone else!

I must say though, one of the great things about tennis is how much it has ventured into the fashion world. I guess we have to thank Ted Tinling for recognizing the opportunity to design great outfits for women. The greatest impressions have always been made by women. Here are a few of my favorites:

Gussie Moran – first to show her knickers, and at Wimbledon to boot!


















The Anne White Pony body suit at Wimbledon





























Kournikova practice outfits


























Serena’s cat suit



























What are your favorites?

1 comment:

  1. This outfit is one that should have been left at home. I totally understand the concept that sexy sells but what ever happened to just being really good at something and gaining recognition through talent?

    ReplyDelete